Wednesday, October 14, 2009

CVS card!


I finally filled out the CVS Extra Care form that's been sitting on my desk for more than a month and took it to the store on my way to work last night. I received my card right away, and of course I had to use it for *something* before I left! I spied a display for Brach's candy corn (my absolute FAVORITE Halloween candy!) -- 9 ounce bags 2/88 cents with card. Oh yeah, I grabbed those right up and bought them.

After work I had to stop by Wal-Mart and get a few items. I didn't really have any coupons for the stuff I needed (bread, hamburger buns and such) but I thought I'd check out some deals I'd seen other bloggers snagging for free with coupons. I looked for the AirWick IMotion air freshener, for which I have a $6 coupon. I'd heard some stores had marked them down to 5.99, but not my Wal-Mart. I'll check Target next time I'm there. I did find the travel size Tide liquid packs that I'd seen people pick up for free with their $1 off coupons. I had 3 coupons and took them to the checkout, but the register wouldn't accept them, so the cashier said I couldn't use them. So I said, "OK, well, I don't want them then." So she proceeds to throw the coupons in the trash. Ack!! I said "No! I meant I don't want the Tide. I definitely want to keep the coupons!" Ha! But anyway, I guess I'll use those at Target, too, since they apparently accept them for the travel packs.

Made a horrible discovery when I got up today -- my Wednesday newspaper got SOAKED in all this rain we're getting. I've got the grocery store sale papers drying out around the kitchen, but I don't think my Bi-Lo ad is going to make it. It's completely drenched. I'll have to be sure to pick one up at the store -- I have to have my sale papers to mark up!

No comments:

Post a Comment