Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Time to go on a Saving Spree!


I have been greatly inspired by the many fabulous couponing blogs I have seen for the frugal-minded among us. I have always been one to clip and use coupons, but there is so much money to be saved by utilizing them to their fullest. So I'm starting this blog to chronicle my savings. Should I ever start to feel lazy and think it's not worth the work, I want to be able to come back here and be reminded of how much I've saved.
But I'm not stopping at coupons. I'm going on a total saving spree and will be cutting expenses, as well, to help the savings add up faster. I have some bills I'd like to pay off within 6 months, so some sacrifices will be made for the greater good. I'll post about those too.
To start things off, I headed to Family Dollar yesterday after hearing about a great coupon deal on Snuggle dryer sheets. A box of 70 sheets costs $3 at Family Dollar. I had three coupons for $3 off one box, so all I had to pay was the tax (74 cents total). The cashier was amazed as she rang them up and realized I was getting them all just for the cost of sales tax. I won't be needing to buy any more dryer sheets for several months!
I got some great deals at the grocery store today, too, but I'll post about those later.
My next mission is to figure out the Walgreens Register Rewards and CVS Extra Care Bucks. There are MAJOR deals to be had with those!

No comments:

Post a Comment