Thursday, October 15, 2009

A Sense of Accomplishment

I have been gathering up items to sell on eBay for awhile now, but hadn't actually listed anything in over a month. So either out of determination to pay down debt or just being plain sick and tired of looking at all the stuff piling up on my dining room table, I finally took some time and put up 28 items for auction tonight. Those should bring in close to $300. Of course eBay and Paypal will take their share, but still, it's some extra cash in the account.

The budget hasn't been quite as tight this month, thankfully, but that's no reason to slack off from my goal. It's an extra paycheck month, for one thing (hooray!). Plus I'm not having to deal with furlough days at work this quarter (I'd almost forgotten what a full paycheck looked like!) And then, a very pleasant surprise last week -- my husband got a raise! (Some companies apparently still do that these days -- ha!) But instead of sitting back and allowing myself not to worry about debt and savings for a little while, I'm more focused than ever. I want this debt GONE! The sooner, the better!

But anyway, I forgot to post some of the deals I got at Bi-Lo and Publix on Tuesday. I know the sales are over, but I was rather proud of myself. Especially since they were deals I found myself, without the aid of any of the wonderful savings blogs I check multiple times per day. Hee!!

At Bi-Lo, I got:

* three 10-pound bags of Tidy Cat litter for 47 cents each -- reg. 2.94 each (which is OUTRAGEOUS by the way, since Wal-Mart and Target sell them for 1.77 each, but I digress...) on sale BOGO for 1.47 each, and I had three $1 off coupons from the 10/4 inserts

* six cans of Progresso soups for 71 cents each (also combined BOGO with manufacturer's coupons)

At Publix:

* four boxes of Frosted Mini Wheats for 1.24 each (on sale for 1.99 and I had two coupons for $1.50 off 2 boxes)

* free gallon of milk (free with purchase of 3 boxes of Kelloggs cereals)

I hit Walgreens today, and I'll be going back tomorrow, since it's only about a mile from my house and I drive by it all the time. I'll post those details tomorrow.

The pantry is filling up! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment